Saturday 10 March 2012

Rocking the Maxi Skirt.

I have always been some-what apprehensive about the maxi skirt. I think most of us are.
Is it really that hard to pull off?
With a tinge of 'gypsy' and generally suited to the taller of the human beings, rocking the maxi skirt can be difficult. That is until you decide to break the mould. Fight the tag and make that skirt your own. 


Whilst strolling through the wonderful city of New York a few weeks ago, I came across this skirt in an Anthropologie store window. The mix of pastels was right up my alley. I had been contemplating a skirt purchase for a while but ran into the difficult decision of color choice. Ever run into the horrible problem where you purchase something pretty only to realize later that you own absolutely zilch that will go with 'said' garment? I was determined to bypass such a predicament. After doing the ol' 'I'll have a think about it and come back later,' I gave in and piled the cash onto the shop counter. 

Although this skirt and I are new-found companions, the potential is unlimited. Dress up, down and all around - ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.



Floral skirt + Crop top = Summer
www.pinterest.com


Bold red skirt.
www.pinterest.co.uk



 Add a slingback heel and you're good as gold!
www.pinterest.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. ahhh christine you just inspired me to buy one of thee skirts!! i was also apprehensive but im totally going to rock it. haha <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and thanks for reading!

Have a fabulous day :)

xo Christine